If you were thinking of installing the "Andy" android emulator on your PC, think again. Here is my experience with it:
- The installable file (Andy_46.2_207_x64bit.exe) is 431 MB, so it took a really long time to download.
- It installed VMware without asking me, so the installation took a really long time.
- It installed some "Bonjour Service" by Apple, Inc. without asking me.
- It replaced all my .apk icons with its own icon without asking me. (I am using apk shell extension and I much prefer it that way.)
- During installation, there were 15 attempts to call home by "Andy" and/or by other crapware that it installed. (I have a firewall, so I didn't let any of that happen.)
- At the end of the installation, it popped up a message box saying that the installation failed because it could not detect my internet connection, and that it requires internet access in order to install.
- Despite the failed installation message, "Andy" was found under "installed programs" so I uninstalled it.
- During uninstallation there were a couple of more attempts to call home.
- After uninstallation it left "Bonjour Service" installed, so I had to go find it and uninstall it too.
- After uninstallation it left an "Andy" folder on the root of my user folder, which I had to delete.
What a piece of crapware!